Friday, October 4, 2013

Watch out for falling rocks

A momentary pause in the middle of the day, a sudden change in direction, it happens so quickly and you don’t even see it coming. It’s amazing to me how quickly life can change, how fast everything flips on a hinge sprinting back in a separate direction than when you first woke up that morning. It’s always a shock, a total surprise, a rock in the middle of your lane that flies at your moving vehicle at a speed to fast to avoid. BAM! Your life is now different.
I look back at where I started my adventure here in LA, and I can’t believe the differences I see in myself. I am shocked and amazed at my own ease of my surroundings, the confidence I am able to carry on a day to day basis. I know who I am, and I know what I want, but it definitely did NOT feel that way when I first moved here. I was alone, scared, without a job and in a huge city without a single friend. Everything I knew, everything that was familiar was back home in a nice pretty little package of security. But in the big bad world of La La Land I was completely on my own. For the first month I was scared out of my GOURD!!!! But…slowly things started to fall into place. I got a job, I met some people, I got a puppy, I changed jobs, I moved into a studio, I met more people, I started going to shows on my own, I started searching for the fun and thrills I had craved to experience.
Funny enough most of my stories are completely ridiculous that even I can’t believe I went through them, I believe one day I can make a novella out of the ridiculous, silly, awesome, crazy adventures I have had just in the two years of living here. But the best stories, the best adventures come packed with a punch. These events and situations that made me who I am, that shaped my sense of self, my own little piece of life story.
I remember the moment I met my best friend, the moment our lives crossed paths and I knew from that moment on that I would never find a friend as dear and openly honest with me. She has been a light in my life when all other lights have gone out. I am forever grateful to her patience and loyalty, her love and friendship, and her ability to tell me, “whoa calm down friend, take a breather. Now what’s going on?”
I remember the moment my heart was broken and I vowed to never let someone treat my heart like monkey meat. That moment shaped my courage and my determination not to settle, I will find someone worthy of my love and affection and I won’t take anything less than I deserve.
I remember the moment I was so low on funds, so low on faith in what I was doing that I was downright ready to give up. But then I was shot with a bit of encouragement, a bit of “hey, I can do that!” moment. A year ago I began this crazy wild adventure to write a novel while still pursuing my love for 3D animation and VFX. And even though I still struggle to maintain these goals, to accomplish these goals, I never would have found them in the first place if certain moments in my life hadn’t pushed me towards the desire to become who am I today.
Life can change in the blink of an eye, one minute you are just walking your own self determined path and the next, you are smacked in the face with change. You can accept it or deny it, but there is no chance of you avoiding it. Life is a funny thing, a wonderful horrible difficult beautiful exciting adventure, and I don’t plan on wasting it. I am jumping in with both feet hurtling toward my goals like a rock plummeting towards gravities destination. Let’s just hope this time, Gravity doesn’t land that rock on my windshield eh?
....PS rocks and windshield don't mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment